Ecuador: Malingua Pamba
- NEED TO ADD Community Background (Location, population,history)
NGO: Centro Educativo La Minga, Inc.
EWB-Denver Chapter unanimously accepted, as their first project, on June 13, 2006 to go to Malingua Pamba and “get the teacher’s shower to work”. The presenter, Pam Gilbert is the CEO/Founder of Centro Educativo La Minga, Inc. – a 501(c)3 non-profit/non-governmental corporation (NGO). She did most of the coordination for the first 6 or so EWB trips including travel info, hostel reservations, land travel, getting translators, etc. and raising the money for the materials for the Potable Water system. She continues to be involved, but due to the current economic situation, has only been able to raise money to support the education for Malingua Pamba and the seven contiguous communities, so has not been financially supportive of the Potable Water Project. She does keep abreast of the EWB goals and travel plans and is hoping to be able to provide financial support in 2011.
The web site for Centro Educativo La Minga, Inc., especially the Volunteer Link contains annotated maps of Ecuador, packing list, volunteer living situation, various ways to travel from Quito to Malingua Pamba, contact info for translators, chauffeurs, etc. Also, she is always very willing to host pre- or post- parties, coordinate travel, and answer questions.
Co-leads: Laura Backus and Jon Sorenson
Secretary/Treasurer: Jennifer Walsh
2012 EWB-USA Spring Grant Cycle
- File:2012SGRANT PROPOSAL NARRATIVE 1892.doc - Main Body of Grant - Microsoft Word
- File:2012SGrant BUDGET 1892.xlsx - Grant Budget Worksheet - Microsoft Excel
- File:2012SGrant PROJECT PROFILE 1892.pdf - Grant Project Profile - PDF
- File:2012 SGRANT APPLICATION 1892.zip - Zip of all Grant docs - zip
2011 EWB-USA Fall Grant Cycle
- File:Denver Professional Ecuador App.docx - Main Body of Grant - Microsoft Word
- File:Denver Professional Ecuador Budget.xlsx - Grant Budget Worksheet - Microsoft Excel
- File:Denver Professional Ecuador Fall 2011.zip - Final Grant Submittal with Supplemental Matterial - zipped file
- File:EWB-USA Project Grant Application Fall 2011.doc - Grant application and instructions (from EWB-USA) - Microsoft Word
2011 ERM Grant
- File:2011 ERM Application LaMinga.doc - Main Body of Grant - Microsoft Word
- File:ERM Grant Budget 2011 Final.xls - Grant Budget Worksheet - Microsoft Excel
- File:Centro Educativo La Minga ERM Grant.pdf - Final Grant Submittal with Appendices - PDF
- File:2011 GRANT APPLICATION.pdf - Grant application and instructions (from ERM) - PDF
Health and Safety Plan
- Add additional health and safety plans and documents
- note: Jason Fields taking care of good First Aid Kit.
- File:Unit Pricing by Spanish and English updated 10 09.xls - Unit prices (Spanish & English)
- Material Purchase List